Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Swing dancing


I met Bob Hawkinson in an unusual manner. 

While as a student at Willamette, I took up swing dancing classes in Salem. Through this class, I became acquainted with two men who would become my first dance partners. I also laughed at them when they entertained the idea that they might be professors at WU.

When I ran their names by some fellow WU students, I was, quickly and shockingly, informed that I may have insulted DEAN Bob Hawkinson and PROFESSOR Jerry Gray of Economics. We all had a very good laugh!

I had a very wonderful time dancing with Bob! I admired how brave and determined he was to learn to swing dance. He was always a good sport. Always a good time.

Thank you for the dances, Bob. I'll dance one number for you.

Mayland Chan Heym, Class of 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment